Fair Work Ombudsman Offices Achieve CAF 3 Star Certification
GJK’s participation in the CAF Building Certification process reflects our ongoing efforts to create a corporate culture of accountability and integrity.
In an exciting collaboration between JLL (as the building manager), United Workers Union, and our customer, the Fair Work Ombudsman, GJK Facility Services are thrilled to announce that the Fair Work Ombudsman offices at 2/4 Kirksway Place, Hobart, has been Certified against the Cleaning Accountability Framework’s (CAF) 3 Star Standard.
CAF Building Certification is an independent assessment that rigorously evaluates a building’s cleaning supply chain across six key areas. These areas include:
- Labour: Ensuring fair wages, job security, and the right to work in Australia for all cleaning staff.
- Responsible Contracting: Implementing ethical pricing, responsible subcontracting, and maintaining transparency in contracts.
- Workplace Health and Safety: Providing a safe working environment, including relevant insurances and adherence to WHS procedures.
- Financial Viability: Undertaking comprehensive financial checks and balances when engaging cleaning contractors.
- Worker Engagement: Education and consultation with cleaners, including freedom of association.
- Remediation: Investigating and resolving compliance issues throughout the cleaning supply chain.
Being awarded CAF Building Certification is a recognition of the ethical procurement, management, and delivery of cleaning services at 2/4 Kirksway Place. GJK’s participation in the CAF Building Certification process reflects our ongoing efforts to create a corporate culture of accountability and integrity.
As we celebrate this achievement, we reiterate our commitment to lifting labour standards for cleaners. The Fair Work Ombudsman offices at 2/4 Kirksway Place is an example of what can be accomplished when cleaning supply chain stakeholders work together to prioritise people, ethics, and responsibility in their operations.